Welcome to My Blog!!

This is my blog. It will give an explanation of what I went through in Carol Brown's group called The Storehouse of God's Inheritance. What is written here is a conglomeration of my journal entries, my opinions back when I was a member, and my thoughts now. Just as a forewarning, there may be some adult language present in some of the entries. It is not meant to be offensive, but it is a part of my thoughts at the time the posts were written.
Please, let me know what you think, and give your feedback...even if anonymous.

Thanks!!

Amber Taylor =)

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Our Rights as God's Children - 7/3/2011

It is impossible for me to know all truth of every subject. But I do know what I have studied. I know that there is only one unforgivable sin; blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. “Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come." (Matthew 30-32). Is there, then, a way that we, God's children, can lose our rights as His children?




When we accept Christ into our hearts and become 'born again', we are also accepting the Holy Spirit. "God's Spirit doesn't make us slaves who are afraid of him. Instead, we become his children and call him our Father. God's Spirit makes us sure that we are his children" (Romans 8:15,16). So, when we accept Christ and the Holy Spirit into our lives, we are considered a child of God. "To all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—children born not of natural descent, not of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God" (John 1:12, 13). Can we lose the right to become His children because we lead a sinful life? In my opinion, absolutely not! God has given us grace to forgive us when we sin. Does this mean that we can take advantage of it? "What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?" (Romans 6:1-2). We cannot take advantage of the fact that God gives us grace when we fall. However, do we beat ourselves up when we do stumble? NO! We are human. There is no possible way to live one day of your life without sinning at least once. God did not originally make us this way, but because of the well-known story of Adam and Eve waaay in the beginning of time, we are sinners. You, me, your boss, my neighbor, everyone. God understands that...he made us. He knows that we will trip sometimes. “Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of gold was brought to him. Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt. At this the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’ The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go." (Matthew 18:23-27). In this parable, Jesus was telling his disciples that they needed to show mercy on their 'brethren' and forgive them, no matter what the offense; just as God forgives us. Now, I'm pretty sure that everyone has heard the passage, "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." (Ephesians 4:32). How can you tell someone to 'forgive as God in Christ forgave you' one minute, then the next say that "the refusal of believers to separate themselves from evil will inevitably result in the loss of fellowship with God, of acceptance by the Father, and of our rights as children."? Isn't this saying that we need to forgive without limits or conditions, yet God has set conditions on when it is ok to terminate our relationship with Him? This is what I was taught in one of the teachings or 'Bible studies' that were performed at the 'Storehouse'. The scripture that is 'connected' with that is 2 Corinthians 6:16-18, which says, "What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: 'I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.' Therefore, 'Come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you.' And, 'I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.'" Is this scripture saying that God has put a limit on our rights as His children? What sin is it again that is unforgivable? Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, yes? Anyone who is born again cannot commit this sin, because they would be denying the fact that they are born again. There is nothing that we can do as humans, or as God's children, that can separate us from Him. "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39). 
So, what is the moral of the story? That Carol Brown is a lying, manipulating bitch who enjoys nothing more than to control the souls of gullible people who refuse to listen to anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment