Welcome to My Blog!!

This is my blog. It will give an explanation of what I went through in Carol Brown's group called The Storehouse of God's Inheritance. What is written here is a conglomeration of my journal entries, my opinions back when I was a member, and my thoughts now. Just as a forewarning, there may be some adult language present in some of the entries. It is not meant to be offensive, but it is a part of my thoughts at the time the posts were written.
Please, let me know what you think, and give your feedback...even if anonymous.

Thanks!!

Amber Taylor =)

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Growing Up

Today, I'm not the happy, optimistic person that I normally am. For the past two weeks, I have had horrible pain in my stomach after I eat or drink. After two episodes of excruciating pain that made my stomach swell and brought me to tears, I finally went to the doctor today. He told me that he thinks that I have acid reflux, and maybe gall stones. Reality hit me all at once...I have no money, haven't gotten all of my clients together for work, and now I have real stuff going on in my body. I had no idea that being an adult would be like this...I wish that I could go back to the time when I would sit on the floor in my diaper eating Cheerio's while watching The Jungle Book.


Dear Lord,
I am having a rough time with this. I need your help to get through this trial. I'm used to mental and emotional roadblocks...the physical ones are the ones I'm having trouble with. Please, I need your strength and encouragement . I'm a happy person...but this is bringing me down. I don't want to stay depressed, because I know that's not what you would want. I want to make you happy. Please, make whatever problem I have inside made known, so that it can be treated. Thank you for your love, and for people in my life who love me. Once again, give me peace through this storm.
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Love, I feel for you! So sorry your suffering for unknown reasons :(. Because my experience and education is food related, I may have some advice for you: try changing your diet! I can't say exactly what this will look like for you, but reacting badly to foods could be an indicator that you body wants different types of foods.

    You mentioned on FB that your doc said to stay away from caffeine and alcohol. These are both very acidic substances, as well as are corn syrup and such found in sodas and cow's milk. Try drinking alkalizing things like lemon water and green juices and see how you feel.

    Many of people's favorite foods are acid forming as well, such as all animal foods, also potatoes, chocolate, wheat and fats.... So what, after avoiding all of that should someone eat??

    Well, in cases of acute pain, do try avoiding all of it and instead try eating fruits, salads, beans, simple meals of cooked rice and steamed veggies, etc. Then see how you feel. Eat very simple meals of whole, unprocessed, mostly plant foods and drink lots of lemon water. Just try it for a few days and see how you feel. Your body will tell you what's right for you to eat...very clearly as it seems you're extremely sensitive!

    Then after you try this, pay attention to how the other foods make you feel and see if there's a difference. Most doctors rarely tell people to change their diets, they may recommend minor changes and prescribe drugs but rarely address the root cause of many health problems which is diet.

    On the other hand there are some doctors who have proven to cure some of the worst epidemic health crisis in individuals such as heart disease, diabetes, and even cancer by teaching people to eat more simply and from plant foods.

    Each case however, depends on the individual and how much they are willing to try something different, giving up certain "comfort foods" (which I dare say aren't bringing you much comfort at all!) and observing the results.

    You know I'm here for ya, dear! I wish you and I were still neighbors so I could help you find some foods that agree with you that you will like. XO, sure do miss ya Sweetie!

    Let me know if you want to know more about food alkalinity. There are many books written on the subject which are helpful.

    What's also helpful to remember is that often the trials in our life, whether emotional, mental, spiritual or physical are provided by God to lead us to our higher selves! May no suffering be for naught in your life, Amber ...as you have a strong ability (which has been repeatedly proven) to rise up shining brighter from any situation. You may find that once you listen to your body's signals that you'll feel stronger and healthier than ever before!

    Love ya, kid! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mistie. It hit me yesterday that I'm gonna have to go through my entire diet and see what I can and cannot eat. I'm not sure if lemon water would help, since lemon is so acidic. I've decided to stop drinking coffee, which I had cut back to almost nothing on anyway. I don't drink much soda, so I know that's not making it worse. Alcohol has cut back a lot since I've been here too...but I will be 21 in 2 weeks...sorry body! Lol I want at least one last hoorah! Thanks for the advice, and I'll let you know what foods my body accepts =)

    Love you too, give the kids a 'babysitter' hug for me <3 miss you guys

    P.S. - It was soooo weird to see HP DH without you!!

    ReplyDelete