Welcome to My Blog!!

This is my blog. It will give an explanation of what I went through in Carol Brown's group called The Storehouse of God's Inheritance. What is written here is a conglomeration of my journal entries, my opinions back when I was a member, and my thoughts now. Just as a forewarning, there may be some adult language present in some of the entries. It is not meant to be offensive, but it is a part of my thoughts at the time the posts were written.
Please, let me know what you think, and give your feedback...even if anonymous.

Thanks!!

Amber Taylor =)

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

An Unofficial Official Catholic

It really has been such a long time since my last post, but I won't let that discourage me! So many wonderful thngs have been happening in my life, and I am so thankful to God for all He has done for me. Spending time with a friend tonight gave me a new persective on my upbringing. I hated being the weird kid, the odd one out. I never understood why it was important much less necessary to listen to the Bible on CD while I slept. I hated knowing so much about the Bible...nobody else my age did. After I left the cult, I knew that God would use my experience to help other people. Throughout the 5 years since that day, it seems that I'm exposed to more that really was useful.
I have decided after seven months of studying, studying and more studying that I am going to be a Catholic. I attended my first Catholic mass in February, and have been going every week since. I am currently going through the Rite to Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA), which lasts for nine months. After that time, I will have received the sacraments of confession, baptism, confirmation, and most importantly, the Eucharist. I am so passionate about my faith, and I just realized tonight how much of that was taught to me at a young age.
I still 100% believe that Carol Brown's group is a cult! However, I have chosen to not live in pity and self deprication because of that. Instead, I have asked God for the strength to accept my lot in life and always give Him praise for my accomplishments; and let me not forget to praise Him even in my failures. What has become so clear to me recently is how much I really am blessed. In the RCIA group that I'm in, some people don't even know how to navigate through the Bible. I'm pretty sure I had to learn that early on (in homeschool). It's astounding to me how little people actually know about the Bible, and it has especially made me realize that all those times that I hated staying up till the wee hours of the morning studying my Bible were all meant for this.
God has put me in situations (most of which I hated at the time!!) to prepare me for this time in my life. The spiritual discipline that I was forced to have but never understood was preparing me for this. God has blessedme so much!! I can't thank Him enough for all He's done in my life. He's blessed me with a job that I am passionate about, working with staff I love and kids I adore. He's given me friends that I hardly have time for them all! Yet somehow it works. He's given me the brain to go to school to pursue a degree that I will be successful in. There are too many blessings in my life to name...most of them I naively overlook. But what I am most thankful for right now is the heart for my faith He's given me, and the mounds of support I have right at my fingertips. I love my life and I can't wait to be an official Catholic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment