Welcome to My Blog!!

This is my blog. It will give an explanation of what I went through in Carol Brown's group called The Storehouse of God's Inheritance. What is written here is a conglomeration of my journal entries, my opinions back when I was a member, and my thoughts now. Just as a forewarning, there may be some adult language present in some of the entries. It is not meant to be offensive, but it is a part of my thoughts at the time the posts were written.
Please, let me know what you think, and give your feedback...even if anonymous.

Thanks!!

Amber Taylor =)

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Youth

I just watched a Youtube video of an eighth grader being pushed to the brink. Everyone hated him, but he didn't know why. They teased him and picked on him so much that he started to hate himself. He shared that he's cut himself and tried to commit suicide several times. He couldn't even talk...he wrote all of this on note cards. Still, he was crying from the pain that he felt. I couldn't help but shed some tears for him, too. Not just because he was crying, but because I know how he felt. I know what it feels like to be pushed down so far that you actually start pushing yourself down, without ever really knowing why. My heart aches for these kids...it takes me back. God must be working in me hardcore, because all week I've been in familiar situations. As I think back and try to piece together the past to the present, I sometimes become weak and break down. This is one of those days. Watching that boy's pain was all too familiar to me. The question that seems to be repeating through my mind is why? Why do these things happen? I think it's easier to answer the question when things are happening to me. I know the reason why I went through abuse for 13 years. But why do other kids have to go through this? Why do tears need to fall? Why do hearts need to be broken? Why do lives need to be taken?
It's so hard for me to even type, because I am flooded with emotions right now. I hate being reminded that these things are still going on, and that I haven't healed from it yet.

God,
I pray for the youth around the world right now. Please, send your angels to protect them. Don't let them hurt...and heal the pain that they already have. Let me be a light to those around me, and make me a better youth leader. Please, help me be a leader to them...and may my experience help someone who needs it.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment