Welcome to My Blog!!

This is my blog. It will give an explanation of what I went through in Carol Brown's group called The Storehouse of God's Inheritance. What is written here is a conglomeration of my journal entries, my opinions back when I was a member, and my thoughts now. Just as a forewarning, there may be some adult language present in some of the entries. It is not meant to be offensive, but it is a part of my thoughts at the time the posts were written.
Please, let me know what you think, and give your feedback...even if anonymous.

Thanks!!

Amber Taylor =)

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happiness =)

Something has been on my mind for the past week...why are we so negative? We always say that Jesus was brought here to die for our sins. That is the truth, but he came for so much more than that! God gives us everything in life to enjoy. That's in the beginning of his holy word. We are allowed to enjoy the sun, the rain, the things that us humans have built. God gave everyone a talent; whether it be singing, building, designing or cooking...he gave those gifts for a reason...so that we can enjoy them! If simple gifts like that are meant to be enjoyed, how much more are we to enjoy his ultimate gift - Christ?
He did not only come to free us of our sins. He came to make us happy, and to be happy with us. He came to give us love, and to love with us. He came to give us friendship, and to be our friends. I think we should stop labeling Jesus as only the freer of sin, and start recognizing him for ALL that he is, which we cannot even begin to comprehend.

No comments:

Post a Comment